Established in 1975, the Southern Eventing and Dressage Association is a non-profit, educational organization founded to foster an interest in, and understanding of, the equestrian sports of Dressage and Eventing.
SEDA belongs to USEF Zone 7, is a Region 9 Group Member Organization of the United States Dressage Federation, and an Area III & V Affiliate of the United States Eventing Association. With over 150 members, SEDA is one of the largest USDF affiliated clubs in Region 9 and growing. Our members primarily hail from Louisiana and Mississippi.
Club activities include educational events, schooling and recognized shows, clinics, seminars, tack sales, and an Annual Awards Program. SEDA's award winning newsletter, Off Course, is published bi-monthly as a service to its members.
We invite you to join us in supporting the sports of Dressage and Eventing in our area by becoming a member! SEDA has a lot to offer whether you're new to the sport or an experienced competitor. Be sure to check out the calendar for the latest events, visit our photo gallery to find yourself or someone you know, or even shop the classifieds to find a great deal. And don't forget to check the box below for important news and information.
IMPORTANT NEWS & INFORMATION
- SEDA JUNIOR CLASSIC IS JUNE 1-2 - Download the prize list here. Anyone interested in making a team, use the team form. If there are any kids without a team we can try and scramble one at the show. If there are any questions email Gerlinde firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPONSORS NEEDED FOR THE SEDA JUNIOR CLASSIC! In order to make it a huge success we need SPONSORS at all levels. We try to provide as many awards and prizes for the kids as we can in an array of categories, not just champion! This year we have added a team competition and will be awarding Team Medals.
If you have any questions regarding sponsoring, please contact Gerlinde Beckers, SEDA Jr/Yr Chair, email@example.com or (985) 320-2658. (sponsorship form)
- SEDA JUNIOR CLASSIC POTLUCK. Each year on Saturday at the SEDA Junior Classic Schooling Show we have a "Pot Luck Lunch" free of charge for all riders, parents, trainers, volunteers, and SEDA families. This year's Pot Luck Lunch is being organized by Kelley Varisco. We are still in need of many items, specifically hamburgers and hot-dogs and bottled water. If you are interested in donating items please contact Kelley firstname.lastname@example.org or (985)807-5500
- VOLUNTEERS, VOLUNTEERS, VOLUNTEERS are needed for the SEDA Junior Classic. Due to the nature of a JUNIORS ONLY show we need extra volunteers to ensure a fun and safe environments. We need ring stewards, scribes, runners i.e. golf cart drivers, scorers, award person, jump crew and many more. If you have the time, we can give you a title. Volunteer hours do count towards the 4 hours required by SEDA for awards. If you can volunteer please contact Gerlinde Beckers, email@example.com or (985) 320-2658
- Renew your membership!
- SHOW YOUR CLUB SPIRIT – BUY SEDA MERCHANDISE!
SEDA has set up a store at CafePress where you can buy all manner of items featuring the SEDA logo. Bonus: a percentage of all purchases goes back to the club. That means more money for awards, ribbons, course improvements and more for our members! And guess what ... it's just in time for the holidays! Check it out here: http://www.cafepress.com/sedariders It is new, so there might be hiccups. Please let us know if you run into any issues.
- SEDA PRIX CAPRILLI AND DOODLEBUG TESTS: SEDA has developed 'standardized' prix caprilli tests for use at schooling shows. The tests may be viewed and downloaded here:
DoodleBug Beginner Test
Intro Test 1 / Test 2
Training Level Test 1 / Test 2
First Level Test 1
First Level Test 2
- ADVERTISE WITH SEDA. List your facility or training services in the SEDA directory. For one low fee, your information will be in each issue of the newsletter, on this web site, and in the annual Member Directory. Application form
- DRESSAGE NEWS FROM USDF may be found here
- EVENTING NEWS FROM USEA may be found here
- USEF news is available here
- REGION 9 NEWS AND INFORMATION may be found here